Courses in Yoga Therapy
Yoga Bharati offers Diploma in Yoga Therapy (DYT) and Yoga Therapy Certification Course (RYT-500 equivalent). These courses are extensive courses in yoga and its therapeutic applications along with a depth in yoga philosophy from the ancient scriptures of Upanishad, Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali Yoga Sutras. We are affiliated to Swami Vivekananda Yoga Research Foundation (SVYASA), Bangalore, a premier Yoga University in India that has conducted research on yoga and its application to various ailments such as Diabetes, Hypertension, Backpain, Asthma, Cancer, etc. SVYASA has published more than 100 research papers and these are peer reviewed, published in various international journals and can be found on pubmed (keywords to search 'Vivekananda yoga'). This exhaustive and fulfilling course is provided and made easy for the busy working people. We have designed this course to be do-it-at-your-pace course although attending the classes is compulsory. This course is in the process of being registered for RYT-500 and IAYT. Below are some details.We are launching two Courses:
- Diploma in Yoga Therapy (DYT): This is an extensive course in yoga and its therapeutic applications along with a depth in yoga philosophy. This will applied for IAYT certification.
- Yoga Therapy Certification Course for Yoga Teachers (YTC): A subset of DYT with exclusions on VYASA's Arogyadhama visit, Field Practice and Dissertation requirements. A Certificate from Yoga Bharati will be given and can be used towards RYT500 or these credits can be used towards future DYT course.
Duration: Jan 31st - March 15th, 2015
Date/Time: Sat and Sun - 10am-4.30pm
Venue: TBD (Either South Bay or East Bay)
Monthly One weekend:
Start Date: April 2015- Nov 2015
When: First weekend of every month (Except July and Aug)
- Human Anatomy And Physiology
- Terms, Body Planes, Movements, Cells, Tissues, Muscles, Joints
- Homeostasis, Nature versus Nurture
- Musculo-skeletal, nervous, circulatory, digestive, endocrine, reproductive, respiratory, etc
- Stress, Sympathetic, Parasympathetic system etc
- Common Ailments
- Musculo-Skeletal Disorders
- Gastro Intestinal Disorders
- Cardio-Vascular Disorders
- Respiratory Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Mental Health Issues
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Yoga Therapy Training
- Yoga for Back pain
- Yoga for Headache
- Yoga for Diabetes Mellitus
- Yoga for Gastrointestinal Disorder
- Yoga for Menstrual Disorders
- Yoga for Obesity
- Yoga for Asthma
- Yoga for Hypertension
- Yoga for Anxiety Depression
- Dynamic yoga for Weight Management
- Yoga for Arthritis
- Yoga for Epilepsy
- Yoga for Knee Pain
- Yoga for Muscular Dystrophy
- Yoga for Oncology
- Suknma Vyayama: Simple and Standard
- Voice Culture
- Yogic Texts
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Bhagavad Gita
- Research Methodologies
- Advancing in Yoga (Deepening your practice)
- You will be submitting a set of assignments at the end and taking a bunch of viva and other simple tests. Note: Examination is conducted in affiliation with VYASA.
- You can start field practice after that.
- You will be visiting Prashanti, VYASA's health center in Bangalore for a minimum period of 14 days (two weeks) for clinical observation. This is the most valuable experience one gets in their therapy course. The staff of VYASA gives special attention and training for you.
- You will prepare a dissertation of 16 yoga participants in 8 ailments after conducting a minimum of 2 months of yoga therapy for each of them and tracking their progress.
- You will appear for a set of exams as administered by VYASA (YB exam center).
- You will present the dissertation to VYASA faculty (over webcast or at Bangalore center).
DETAILS ABOUT PGDYT Pre-requisite: YIC (Yoga Instructors Course or Yoga Teachers Training)
- One weekend in a month class on Saturday and Sunday 1pm-6pm in the Bay Area, California
- Twice a week morning 6am online classes and study groups in the Bay Area, California
- Lectures by Staff from SVYASA or other field experts - in person and teleconference
- Self-Study, Self practice, completing assignments and tests at the local center (Bay Area)
- Field Practice - Therapy classes to be taught by the students for the project report (dissertation)
- Visit to Prashanti Kutiram (Health Center) of Vyasa (Bangalore, India) for a min duration of 2 weeks, ideally 4 weeks, at your convenience
- Project report/Dissertation on various ailments that includes your research
What to expect from this course?
- An extensive knowledge of various yoga practices and their applications in addressing ailments - Integrated Approach to Yoga Therapy (IAYT)
- Study of human anatomy with respect to various psychosomatic ailments
- Concepts of four streams of yoga through Bhagavad Gita - Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga and Raja Yoga
- Selected sutras of Patanjali Yoga Sutras and their meanings and concept
- Alternative therapy like Ayurveda, Naturopathy etc.
- Research Methodology
- Advanced Yoga Techniques
- Spiritual Self growth
- A goal towards achieving peace and harmony for the self and the society
What can I do after completing this course?
One can choose to establish one's career as a Yoga Therapy Teacher for psychosomatic ailments or one can simply use this knowledge and experience to help ones own health and spiritual growth; Or help the community and take this as a hobby.
What is the duration of the course?
The course is a brought in affiliation with SVYASA, Bangalore. The course is a self paced course, but coming to the classes for contact hours is a must. Non-contact hours are done at your convenience and logged for our records. All the assignments and tests are to be submitted at your pace which will then be assessed and evaluated by the faculty for grading purposes. Upon completion of all the requirements, a certificate will be issued. An average working individual should give himself/herself, 2-3 years to complete the course depending on one's commitment and dedication.
Why should I take this course with Yoga Bharati?Yoga Bharati's goal is to provide the students with high standards of education and a glimpse into the spiritual grandeur of yoga and its multi-faceted field. This course is a platform for spiritual sadhana (self study and practice) to achieve a better quality of life resulting from the practice of yoga, both on and off the mat.
Yoga Bharati has been conducting therapeutic yoga classes for various ailments since 2008. Our yoga teachers are in constant touch with VYASA experts in handling various ailments and are experienced enough to conduct classes to share their knowledge and experience. Apart from this, Yoga Bharati will be hosting experts in the field of yoga philosophy and therapeutic applications of yoga from SVYASA, and other organizations as available.For questions, email workshop @ yogabharati.org.